Going Home

Monday, March 9, 2015

Since we began renovating homes in the last year, I've been making quite a few more trips to Illinois to visit my family.  Mostly because the name of the game in house-flipping is "Get it done ASAP" and that typically means that Brad is working lots of long hours.  A work day for him usually is 7-7pm, Monday through Friday, plus a full day on Saturday.  If I'm being really honest, it's super stressful for me because Sunday ends up being the only day we really get to see him.  I guess the upside is when you sell the home and make a little money?  We're still working out how to make this whole flipping thing sustainable for the long-term.  I think finding a balance with Brad's hours is the biggest factor.

Sooo....all that's to say is that he works a lot so I survive it by taking trips to visit family.  Hadley and I stay with my dad and are able to visit with my aunts, uncles, cousins and my best friend, and it's really the best time.  I'll take Hadley to the mall to play at the play area, we'll go to some really amazing indoor playgrounds, go to parks and pools when it's nice, and just visit with my favorite folks.

The one downside for me is that it's a money trap!  When you live in a small town whose dining options are limited to McDonalds & Dairy Queen, bar food and a Tex Mex restaurant, it's amazing to get around sushi, Thai food, real Mexican...shoot, even Chilis is exciting.  And there's always the shopping - or really just Target :)

Anyway, I'm at home for a couple weeks and it's really great.  There's something about your own family that is so comforting.  I love my circle of friends and being near Brad's parents but being in your parent's home, in the town you grew up in, is something really special.
We don't have much planned on this visit except that I'm going to see Eric Church in concert next week.  That was a last-minute decision my cousin and I made and I gotta be honest, I'm so, so, SO excited.  He's one of my favorite musicians and I've heard that his Outsiders Tour is an amazing live show.  I'm really disappointed that I won't get to see him with Brad, but it'll be a fun time with my cousin.






Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan