- I'm just starting to feel recovered from Christmas and finally settled in our house! There's still so much more to do, like hang decorations and curtains and get chairs for our [GORGEOUS] dining room table that Brad just built, but it definitely feels like home. And then by the time that's done it'll be spring and we'll have to start on our outdoor projects. I will gladly welcome that one, it's been freeeezing here lately and I'm more than ready to get outside!
- Weight Watchers is still going well, I'm losing little-by-little. It's gratifying to see the hard work pay off, but it's difficult to be at the gym and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and think, "Oh wow, I have a ways to go still..." Just being totally honest. Anytime I have those thoughts I try very hard to steer my mind towards the things that this body has achieved for me, best thing being Hadley, and that I'm not just sitting on the couch being mad that I'm not what I once was. I'm working hard to get back to where I was. I could throw my hands up and say, "well, this is good enough, I'm only 10lbs from my lowest weight" but honestly, that motivates me even more to push harder.
- Also on the Weight Watchers front, or weight loss in general, I've been making a ton of Skinnytaste recipes lately, here's the ones I've made and loved (among many others, you can't go wrong with her recipes!):
Skinnytaste Baked Chicken Parmesan
Skinnytaste Baked Potato Soup
Skinnytaste Spinach Lasagna Rolls
Skinnytaste Pasta with Butternut Squash, Spinach and Sausage
- I've found myself saying for the first time in years that I have been hurt by friends. This is a strange feeling to me, mostly because, though I feel like I'm someone that has a firecracker temper (I can set off quickly), I really don't get truly hurt or offended often. I think a lot of this I attribute to being someone that trusts easily and without condition, but when I feel like that's tampered with, it's hard for me regain that trust. All I know is that the pain has cut deep and makes me not want to put myself "out there" for it to happen again.
- On the other hand, I've recently been able to grow some new relationships (kind of - one was an old roommate from Minneapolis that moved here with her husband, but we hadn't talked in years!) that have made me thankful for the sweet girls I'm surrounded with in this little town.
- Hadley....I can't have a blog post without an update on this little dumpling! She amazes me more every day. She will be 5 months old in a few days and when I'm literally hefting her 17lbs+ body around the house and in that dang car seat - so incredibly ready for the next stage - I think to myself, it feels like yesterday that my doctor was holding her tiny body up over the curtain so I could see her for the first time! She's a spunky little baby with lots to say and while she likes her independence, she is just so darn sweet and loves to be near you. A couple people have commented that she's got an almost tender personality. It's hard to describe because it's not like she's gently laying her hands on your cheek or anything, but she just has this sweet, unaffected, pure curiosity an demeanor about her. She will sit forever in the kitchen in her Bumbo chair while I make dinner, or on my desk while I work, just because she likes to be near you and be a part of the commotion. She literally wakes up with a huge smile on her face, every single day. One thing that has been on my mind lately is how her sweet personality is truly a gift that God has given us, and that it's our responsibility as her parents to encourage that in her and make sure by our own actions that we don't snuff it out in her. It would be so easy to do that, and I'm finding things in mine and Brad's everyday conversations that we will really need to be careful with once she's a little older. We're not a swearing household [well, we have our moments, ha], but a child can pick up on your attitude in a second. Basically I just so love who I'm already seeing her become and that's how I want her to stay!
|She's starting to get into things! This was too funny, I turned around from the stove and she had started unraveling the paper towels|
|Just a random photo to show you all how I have to drink my wine these days - in 5oz glasses! It's nowhere near as fun to measure it as it is to just pour however much you feel like having :)|
|Anytime she's in this little walker she will look up at me and just smile like she is the biggest girl ever. Can't even handle it. She was looking a mess this day, obviously|
|Getting that toe in her mouth! It's like one day she discovered she had feet and that was all she wanted to play with|
|Um. Where is my little baby? Cause this is a BIG BABY.|