- Babies!!! No, not for me :) Yet, ha. Anyway, I recently started watching a girlfriend's 2 month old twice a week, and let me tell ya...you forget how things go after a while! The first day I kept thinking, how much should she be sleeping? Is she eating enough? Etc. She's a super sweet and easy baby, and SO TINY! She's just now moving up to size 1 diapers, which is crazy! And as for the obvious, it does have me thinking about our timeline with #2. I have many thoughts on it that I'm sure most of you don't care about, but suffice it to say that I'm still not ready.
- Vacation!!! This next month Brad and I are taking a little trip down to our favorite of favorite places, Tennessee! We're dropping Hadley off with my family and heading down to Nashville for a few days and then over to Gatlinburg for a couple days. I'm seriously counting the days and maaaaybe hoping and praying that when we're there Brad will want to just pack and move to their fine state.
- So, fitness. I've finally found a "groove" (cheesy, yes?) that works for me. I'm going to the gym most days, sometimes at 6:30am and sometimes at 7pm, but I'm getting there! For many years my MO was to go to the gym, run on the treadmill for 30 minutes and then do a few of the machines. I grew tired of that really quick this time around and ended up meeting with the trainer at our gym. For $25 he put together a complete weight routine for me, discussed the best cardio options and worked out my fitness goals with me. It was well worth the money and now I feel like I have a new motivation for going. As far as cardio, I've started doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) on the treadmill and I seriously love it. It's not following any kind of method, I just basically do a short walking warm up, then run for 3 minutes at a fast pace (like 7.3-8mph) and walk at a slower pace, like 3.8. It's a great workout, goes by super quickly and the best part about it is that it encourages a post-workout calorie burn, unlike just getting on the treadmill and running for 30 minutes.
- This could be a post all in itself, but we're in the middle of a new career venture for Brad and it's been really, really exciting - he's "flipping" houses! We recently bought a foreclosure up the street from us and he's doing the work to renovate it. He's got such a great eye for design and the best part is that he's able to do the work himself. The house we bought is pretty cute already and I literally can't wait to see what it will look like when all is said and done. We're going to be keeping a blog to track the progress so when I get that set up I'll make sure to post it here. (Btw, he's not leaving construction! He's still doing that here and there, just adding something new for himself into the mix.)
- I've got a new and exciting venture coming up myself which I'll share about later down the road since it hasn't started quite yet....but as part of it I've been spending a lot of time playing around in Photoshop and seriously, I'm obsessed. I literally don't have a clue what I'm doing but I'm having fun! I designed these little recipe cards yesterday, which has now got my wheels turning about what else I can design -
Alright, I've got a 17 month old scaling my chair which means "pay attention to me" - better go :) Happy Sunday!