My MONAT Thoughts (An Unbiased Review!!)

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

About a year ago I began hearing rumblings on Instagram of a new haircare company called Monat - it seemed like everybody was using it.  For the most part I am really unfussy about my hair and don't put a whole lot of thought/effort into it (which many days it looks just like that, ha) so I didn't think too much about trying it.

However, this past Christmas we were home in Illinois and discovered that a family member was selling it.  I was in a bit of a funk with my hair so I decided to give it a try.  I went with their VIP membership, which has an up front cost of $19.99 and requires 3 "flex ship" orders (these are auto ship orders of at least $84).  After looking over their various systems and hair products I ended up choosing the Renew Shampoo and the Smoothing Conditioner, as well as the Blow Out Cream.  I also received the Air Dry Cream as a promotional gift.




I began following their regimen of washing twice and following with the conditioner, and my immediate thoughts were that my hair felt really nice when washing.  The first wash it wouldn't lather/expand much (which is normal for their shampoo) but the second wash the shampoo would really get in there and thicken up, which was nice since I prefer a lather (even though I know they're bad!)  The conditioner worked really well on my tangle-prone hair; as soon as I started working it through it would smooth right out.  I also saw this happen with my 5 year old's fine, curly (also tangle-prone) hair.  A quarter size amount of conditioner would take all of her kinks out.

The Blow Out Cream was my favorite product - my hair would look shiny and smooth after using it, which was about twice a week.  I feel like a lot of blow dry creams can have a sticky, yucky texture, but I really didn't mind the texture of the Monat Blow Out Cream.  It was light and spread through my hair very easily.

I'm not sure what to think of the Air Dry Cream - I used it one day following a shower and I felt like my hair looked really pretty and shiny and had a lot of body.  The next time I used it was after a shower at night, and the following morning my hair looked terrible.  I used it on Hadley's hair once as well and it didn't do her any favors.

THOUGHTS AFTER 3 MONTHS OF USE?

I've been using Monat now for three months and I mostly feel pretty "meh" about it.  My hair doesn't look $84-worth-of-shampoo better, not by a long shot.  It mostly looks just like it did when I started using it.  Judge for yourself:

BEFORE (JAN 8, 2018) + AFTER (MARCH 19TH, 2018)


I think I kept expecting to suddenly have this amazingly full, shiny hair, and in my opinion that never happened.  I did experience hair loss, but that could be blamed on postpartum hormones so I will give Monat the benefit of the doubt.

WOULD I USE AGAIN?

I am committed to using the products now since I signed up for the VIP membership, but truthfully I wish I hadn't signed up for that and had instead bought the products at full price.  I would've spent an extra 15% on the products...but now I'm tied into two more orders with them, and I'm not sure I loved their products enough to spend $180 on them.  My final verdict is that, maybe for some people's hair, it can really transform it - like if your hair was incredibly damaged.  But my hair wasn't, so I think for me it didn't "do" much.  Once I'm through these Monat products....back to my beloved Aveda!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. Your hair looks really good after using this. I start my new hair business and I provide beautiful hair extensions. Anyone can start this business as it is very profitable. White Label Extensions is one of the best wholesale hair extensions suppliers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its very pleasing to see Monat growing very quickly as it was started with good intentions. People should visit
    its oultet and get advantage of this great product there in the market. We all should take care of our hair.

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan