Happy 6 Months, Hadley!

Saturday, March 16, 2013




Weight/Height/Head:  19lbs 9oz, 27" long (95%/75%)

Hair:  Still dark brown in the very back and sides and coming in blonde on top.  Looks like it might have a little wave to it?

Eyes: Bright blue 

Diapers: Size 3

Clothes: Definitely varies.  In Carters she can still fit in 3-6 mo onesies but we're getting ready to retire those for the next size up.  She's wearing 6-12mo at Baby Gap and Old Navy, although onesies/tops in those sizes are a little loose on her still.  Our BabyLegs are getting a little too small for her chunky thighs!

Eating: We started her on solids this month!  We decided to follow the Baby Led Weaning approach and I've really liked it.  She has ate red peppers, squash, quinoa, pasta, chicken, bananas, avocados, pear, mangoes, plain greek yogurt, baby pickles, hummus on veggies and banana pancakes, just to name a few.  I will occasionally spoon feed her the little pureed pouches by Ellas Kitchen or Plum, but mainly use those to mix into her yogurt.  I'll mash up a banana on her tray and give her a spoon and she will mostly play in it but definitely eat some.  We've not had ANY choking and it is really neat to see her spit back out big bites.  I watch her like a hawk, though, and am never ever far from her when she's eating solids on her own.  We are mostly still doing formula (which is good cause that's technically all she needs to get her nutrients right now!), anywhere from 8-10oz 4x a day.  


Sleeping: Six months has not been her best month for sleeping!  While we were all sick she slept terribly, obviously.  Woke up a ton in the middle of the night, didn't nap too well.  We just started her in the Pack and Play so we can transition her to the crib (which we had started right before she got sick and it went really well, so hopefully we won't have to do this for long!) and it's been pretty terrible, if you want to know the truth.  She goes down really well, I don't do any rocking or coddling to get her to sleep.  Unfortunately she just wakes up a ton at night and while she's napping.  And it's not the kind of waking up where you just let them fuss and they go back to sleep, it's like she's waking up crying.  Seems to also be when her dang Sleep Sheep turns off.  I think we need to get a sound machine that runs all night long!  However, napping is getting much better now that I can just put her down and she'll go to sleep.

Milestones:  So many this month!  


  • Sitting up unassisted
  • Recognizes her name
  • Scooting on her belly backwards
  • Pushing up onto all 4's and rocking
  • Shows recognition for people she knows besides Brad and me
  • Eating all sorts of food
  • Drinks from a sippy cup
  • Starting to hold her bottle (although it's not for long)
We are seriously so in love with her and are always talking about how much we love being her parents!  She's got the sweetest little personality, is very vocal and I have a feeling she's not going to be afraid to tell you what she wants (which I love but we may have to work on redirecting that, ha).  My favorite part of the day is waking up in the morning and she's got a smile on her face and we sit on the couch and snuggle.  There are not enough words in this vast English language that could begin to describe how thankful I am for her.  I always think to myself, I would love other babies and know that I would love them just as much as I love her....but if I am only ever blessed with Hadley, I will live my life so gratefully fulfilled because being her Momma has been my greatest joy.  I pray every night that God will help us to love her in the very best way we can and that we will always try to lead her to Him!






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan