Monday Miscellany

Monday, January 19, 2015

Happy Monday!  We had a good but laid-back weekend, Hadley spent a lot of time outside since the weather was so mild!  We went on a walk on Saturday, she did some "shoveling" with Daddy, got pulled in her little sled.  Needless to say, we had some good naps happening around here :)


She loves my scarves right now and asks to wear them every chance she can get.  Looks pretty darn cute in them, too!  

I had to share a picture of her from this weekend tucking into her pea soup like a champ -


This girl is the very best eater.  I give all the credit to doing Baby Led Weaning with her as an infant, though it could very well be her personality ;)  


This past week we had some friends over for dinner and they brought a mixed pack of beer.  One of them was by The Left Hand Brewing Co called Milk Stout.  I'm not a big beer drinker at ALL - trying to describe what I like is almost impossible and gets Brad frustrated every time, ha - but I liked it so much that I bought a six pack for us for the weekend.


I also got my hair cut this last week and took a selfie.  Shameful, I know.  I probably look as awkward as I felt taking it....
But I have to say that I love having short hair!  Brad prefers my hair long (duh, what man doesn't) but it's been so easy to style and I feel so much more "polished" when it's fixed.  


On Sunday mornings I've started the tradition of making cinnamon rolls.  Cinnamon rolls from a CAN, thankyouverymuch.  And they taste really darn good.


After church on Sunday we watched the Packers vs. Seattle game and it was obviously a huge disappointment.  It's always a little bit of a bummer to see football season end.  

In some other random news, I've become obsessed with DoTerra Essential Oils.  I've been taking vitamins of theirs and can see a huge difference in my energy and general "feel good" levels.  I also have started cleansing my face with a mixture of Castor Oil and Sunflower Oil and added a couple drops of Melaleuca oil to it, and it's downright amazing.  My skin is literally glowing afterwards.  After a clean it I apply Coconut Oil with a few drops of Frankincense oil, and it does seem to be making a difference just after a few days.  My skin is softer and just looks healthier.  Maybe I'll do a separate post on it soon cause there's so many neat DIY things you can do for your skin that don't include tons of chemicals and additives.

And finally....Brad and I have this album on repeat lately and it's seriously so good.  If you like traditional country music with a modern sound you'll love her.  


My favorite song is "Railroads" - check it out on YouTube here and thank me later :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan