what is happening??

Sunday, September 19, 2010

at one time in my life, I enjoyed buying nice clothes. In fact, there was a year or so when I was making great money working in a big city, and bought lots of nice clothes, pretty frequently.

when I moved to Small Town America, I knew I would struggle with the lack of malls. shoot, the lack of stores. but I was confident that I would make lots of trips back to Minneapolis [my shopping Mecca], and of course I would just buy online!

here's what I didn't take into account with that great plan:

1.) Minneapolis is over two hours away. It's not a drive we do in a day.

2.) Because we don't do that drive in a day, we usually get a hotel room, eat out w/ friends we haven't seen, etc, etc. That means that leaves me with $ to buy clothes instead of $$$.

3.) I hate shopping online. It's the most un-fun thing in the whole world.

Leaves me in a tough place, right? So I make do with buying a few things here and there when we go to another town about an hour from here that has a mall. Or I might buy something at Maurices, which is not my favorite but will do [we just got one this summer! HUGE deal for our little town]. Add to all of this that I'm currently going through RI-DIC-U-LOUS clothing withdrawal, and, well.....I did something crazy.

I bought a shirt at Family Dollar.

Yes, really.*

If you had told me two or three years ago that I would walk out of a Family Dollar being absolutely STOKED about my new shirt, I would've laughed in your face. Not cause I'm all hoity-toity, brand-names-only, but just cause it's Family Dollar.

Guess that makes me a really great match for my husband, huh?

*note - the shirt is very cute! soft cotton (surprisingly), gray, longer torso, and has three quarter sleeves that button on the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan