inspiration + photo dump

Saturday, September 24, 2011



Happy Saturday! I cannot even begin to tell you how much I have loved the weekends lately. We have had amazing fall weather (even if it's been a little rainy, ick), so we've been having campfires, spending time outdoors, I've set up my fall decs, got my pretty red mums on the porch...as much as I hate seeing summer leave, this is my favorite season of the year and because it's SO short-lived up here, we try to take full advantage of it!

First piece of business. I've been on a re-decorating kick lately, mainly in my living room. It's mainly been a lot of warm earth tones the last couple years - oranges, tans, olives, etc - and I'm over it now. I want lots of black and cream with tan. I just think something about black and cream is so beautiful.

See below. I love so many things about this room...

via House Beautiful - you can check out the whole article here



See those black and white striped pillows on those chairs? From the moment I saw this picture in the magazine, I knew I needed to have them one day. Here's a closer shot:



I believe those pillows were from Ikea?  Seeing as how I'm 3 hours from the nearest Ikea, I found some very similar fabric at www.babybedding.com (funny, right?  No babies here, fyi).  Using some fabric pins (cause I don't sew), here's what I came up with:


My fabric is a gorgeous black+natural canvas, very thick yet easy to work with.  I haven't finished with the pillow yet, that's just to see what it would look like with one.  I may do a simple duck cloth pillow there, not sure just yet.  Oh - and yes, that is an ugly old chair I think I got for $10 that I covered with an ivory sheet.  I'm sure you can tell :)  Hey, you do what you can with what ya got, right??

And finally, here's some of my latest photos of myself...mainly cause I have realized that, within the last year or so, there's hardly any recent photos of me on Facebook.  Or anywhere, for that matter.  So I guess if something ever happens to me, Brad will have these stellar bathroom/bedroom self-portraits to remember me by.  

Okay, funny thing.  This is what my hair usually looks like:


[@ a county fair eating a chicken wing in my girlfriend's fiance's fry shack.  she was taking pics of me trying all the terribly horribly awful food her fiance makes...chicken wings, deep fried cookie dough, deep fried butter, etc etc]

Usually pretty flat and straight.  Boring.

So I've been on this teasing/volumizing kick.  Here was the first picture (sorry it's so dark).  

Um...hello, bed head/mushroom head/messy hair...


Here it is after a little taming....


Too bad it only looks like that about once a month, ha.  

Here's another recent one...wearing my LC Lauren Conrad shirt.  (Kohl's site is being goofy and can't link)


Well, I think that's it for photos.  I'm heading over to my town's Fall Fest, which is really just an outdoor craft fair on Main Street with fair foods.  But it's still fun, nonetheless.  

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan