i heart etsy

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Before I got pregnant I had heard many things about the website Etsy, but never actually used it myself.  To be honest, I found it a little overwhelming - sometimes still do - but once I took the plunge and ordered the first few pairs of baby legs, I was hooked.  Here's a sampling of some of the things I've found on Etsy:


The famed baby legs - I ordered quite a few more pairs, but these were my favorite.  I purchased them from the Etsy seller, OSewHappy.  

Baby headbands - these were my favorite style on Hadley when she was a newborn.  I bought these from the Etsy seller, Pretty Things Supplies.

I purchased a couple prints for Hadley's nursery from the seller Orange Willow Designs - Etsy is a great place to go for cheap, cheap artwork. 
During Christmastime I hosted a Cookie Exchange party and to wrap the baker's boxes I purchased baker's twine from this seller - The Shipping Guru. There's literally no shortage of craft supplies on Etsy, it's a great place to check for tissue paper, twine, envelopes, etc.
Invitations!  This is my favorite place to get any kind of personalized stationery for very reasonable prices.  These were the invites I used for Hadley's 1st birthday party, except I requested (at no extra charge) to have the soft pink changed to bright pink.  I purchased them from the Etsy seller Bonjour Berry.
This is my most recent purchase - return address labels.  I ordered this particular style from the Etsy seller Less Ordinary Designs.

While I've loved everything that I've ordered from Etsy, I feel like my best discovery was the printable stationery.  I've done invites for showers and parties, Hadley's birth announcement and our Christmas card all on Etsy, and they've all been around $10-$15.  I search on Etsy for "1st birthday invites printable" to sort out the ones that I can order from the seller and get the file to print myself.  I usually send them to WalMart to have them printed if they're a card or announcement or if it's an invite, I send it to a printing company and it's very cheap to have them printed & cut.  Every seller I've worked with that's designed cards for me has been SO nice and incredibly willing to make any design changes I've asked.

So if you're looking for things that are incredibly cute, personalized and very reasonably priced, check out Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan