Wednesday Randoms

Wednesday, August 28, 2013


  • I've got a sick baby :(  Not sure what's wrong, exactly.  After a VERY rough Monday where she fussed and cried most of the day I noticed that night that she felt a little warm.  She had a 101 degree temp that went up to 102.4 before I broke out the Tylenol and Motrin.  She's been running a fever ever since, though no other symptoms, so I took her in this morning and it was inconclusive.  Her ears, throat and lungs are fine so they're thinking it's a virus that has to run its course.  Please say a little prayer for her cause if you're a Momma you know that there's nothing worse than a sick baby.

  • I FINALLY upgraded my phone!  I previously had an iPhone 4 that had a shattered back, cracked front screen and broken case (yes, it was seriously trashy), so needless to say, getting an iPhone 5 was a much-welcomed day :)  I'm in the process of transferring apps, music and pictures which I hate, but oh man...so.much.nicer.  My sister asked me a few weeks ago why I didn't just use my insurance and get a new iPhone 4 until my upgrade date came and I told her it was because when something is super janky, it feels that much nicer when you get to upgrade it!  Now I just have to find a cute case.

  • Lately I've been on a "clean" eating kick.  Not for any big purpose other than I feel like this summer has been absolute crap-fest when it comes to my diet, and I'm starting to feel the waist of some of my pants getting a liiiiitle tighter.  That is not okay, so for the past week I've tried to cut out all processed food, have minimal dairy and I'm also attempting to give up Diet Coke.  So far it's actually been pretty easy and I've been surprised at how satisfied I feel.  My one big consistent weakness is my coffee creamer.  I usually only drink 1 cup of coffee a day with about 2-3T of vanilla creamer, so this will be a little tough.  I'm going to try THIS recipe for homemade French Vanilla Coffee Creamer.  I'll let you know how it is...

  • I'm really, really struggling with our puppy right now.  I can't even begin to express how difficult it is to have a 4 month old EXTREMELY hyper and cocky (no, really - our vet said he's one of the cockiest little dogs he's ever seen, which makes him harder to train) little dog underfoot along with a 1 year old.  We've really been working at potty training and have had the dog for 3 months now and he's still not potty trained, still just goes whenever and wherever he wants - and that's with me taking him outside every.30.minutes during the day.  I feel like Brad and I need to have a "come to Jesus" talk about the dog because he really loves him (which is easy to do cause he's not home with him all day) and I feel like I could give him to anyone that happens to walk by our house at any given moment.  I think I feel overwhelmed trying to manage all the training myself when to be honest, my heart is not in it when I'm trying to watch the baby, clean the house, make meals, do laundry, pay bills, etc etc.

  • Brad's in the process of putting up our privacy fence in the backyard!  I'm excited for it, we went a little different and instead of doing the white vinyl posts between the panels, we opted for cedar posts that we're going to top with a dark stain.  We figure it will match the decks off our house and give it more of a "custom" look.  Hopefully it will look alright but what is up so far looks great!  When I have a little more motivation I'll post some pics :)
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan