twitter

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I joined Twitter about a year ago, I think. I'm not an active user, it was mainly to just keep up more with some of the bloggers that I love to read and also some interesting celebs, or whatever (I was following reporters at the Casey Anthony trial, which was really informative). I never expected much from it, it was just a time waster, basically.

But today I deleted my account cause I just got fed up with it. I suppose, like with anything, in order to build relationships with the people you follow/that follow you, you have to give them something to work with. I get it. I didn't Tweet a ton because, first of all, there's just not that many things to Tweet about in my life! Secondly...I noticed that some of my favorite bloggers, would Tweet all.day.long. And while I've been teased by some of my "backwoods friends" (Brad's friends, mainly) for being on my phone a lot (cause they all have the old-school flip phones that only make calls...sad that those are considered 'ancient' these days!), I couldn't ever imagine myself Tweeting as often as some other people did. And unfortunately, I think that was what contributed to my frustration. I would Tweet someone randomly (NOT a celebrity, mind you, just a blogger) a question, compliment, etc and be TOTALLY ignored. I can only guess that cause I didn't Tweet a hundred times a day what I was doing, what I was wearing, pictures of people in the store, links to stuff I wanted/bought, etc, that I was just overlooked.

The straw that broke the camel's back though was when a well-known blogger who is currently on a huge health kick (which is NOT a bad thing) re-tweeted a link about how sausage is really made. Okay....number one, I eat sausage. Not a lot, but I do. Number two, not everyone is on your health kick and only eats farmers market organic produce and no meat cause it's not "compassionate". I happen to like sausage and no, despite your Tweet saying "everyone needs to know how it's made" - NO WE DON'T. If we wanted to know, we would go look for ourselves. I got frustrated about this and Tweeted as much, and then realized....I don't even like Twitter. Most days I read what people write and get so annoyed at their pettiness (which I am not without, it just annoys me to read the gall that others have. I know I'm guilty, too), their materialism, and their ideals that they want others to have, it just ruins the whole experience for me.

So, I did what everyone always says to do: If you don't like it, don't read it. So I deleted my account. Yes, I will miss a handful of people's Tweets. I realize I could've just un-followed people. But I just wanted to be done with the whole thing.

I will miss Clay Mathews tweets, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan