The last day...and other stuff

Friday, October 5, 2012

Today is my last day of maternity leave.  It hurts my heart to think about it.  I know that I am SO blessed to have a job where I can work from home and keep Hadley with me, but it will still change things so much.  I can't express how much I've loved the last 8 weeks - being able to focus on my baby and my home, having flexibility to go on walks and see Brad in the afternoons, having lazy mornings on the couch with the baby girl.  But.  I know it's not going to be forever - though it will still be a while - before I can stay home with her, so I'm trying to focus on that fact, and also on the fact that I've got a great job with a great boss who understands that being a work-from-home momma comes with some unique situations and doesn't expect me to be nailed to my desk from 8-5 every day.

So here's my random thoughts for the day....


  • I'm trying to get Hadley on a schedule during the day and I just have to say that I have no clue what I'm doing.  No clue how much she should be sleeping, how much she should be awake.  I've kind of been just following her lead - when she seems sleepy I put her down, and if she's bright eyed then I let her stay up.  I started reading Secrets of the Baby Whisperer so I'm hoping that will help me a bit with figuring her out.  
  • I got Hadley's announcements this week!  They're probably a little late, but hello, I just had a baby.  I purchased them thru Etsy and was able to print them myself at WalMart, and I was super impressed at the quality.  As soon as I get them all mailed out I will post them.
  • Brad got our big sink put in yesterday at the new house!  We're hoping to put in a black kitchen faucet but have you ever tried to find a reasonably priced black kitchen faucet?  Yeah, they don't really exist.  Anyway...here's a little pic...

  • And finally, a couple pics of my girl - 
This was during one of our "morning snuggles" - still in bed :)  Also, please note the lack of hair on her head...kills me!  There's actually little hairs that come to the front and I can see hair follicles but just no hair to speak of :)  Also, we still can't figure out who she looks like.  

This was from our newborn photo shoot with a great local photographer, Barb Ray.  Her website is www.thrubarbslens.com.  So sweet...almost went with this one for the announcement but chose a different one at the last minute ;)  
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan