Um...I can't fit in my pants

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Okay.  I'm about to get real.

I can't fit in my pants.

Not a big surprise considering I just birthed a baby 6 weeks ago...and I would laugh at any other woman who expected to do otherwise (and if you're one of those women who did fit in their pants sooner than 6 weeks...go fly a kite), but it's funny how that just doesn't matter when it's YOUR butt that can't fit into your pants.

I swear that post-pregnancy is the WORST for your self-esteem when it comes to your body.  Prior to getting pregnant, I felt pretty good about myself.  I ate pretty well, worked out often and I could see the results of it.  But then I got pregnant and suddenly I couldn't fit in my pants anymore, but who cares because I have this cute little belly!  And it was so fun getting dressed in tight shirts and little belts that cinched just above it to show it off.  Towards the end the belly definitely is not your favorite...but then you have the baby and you downright despise it.

I used to get up and get dressed easily, do my hair and makeup and get out the door in a reasonable amount of time.  Now, I spend 95% of my "getting ready" time on trying to find something to wear.  All of my pants fit, but just enough where I can't button them comfortably.  All of my shirts - bought for a girl with a flat stomach - fit, but I have this new little fat roll that spills over my pants.  The pants that are just a little too tight.  Which looks really bad, by the way.

So here I am, with this new body that I have NO clue what to do with.  I don't want to buy clothes at this new size because I'm determined not to stay here, although now that I have the baby I'm not sure when I'll actually get to the gym, especially because my husband isn't home until 6ish most nights and by that point I'm ready for a bath, dinner and bed.  But on the other hand, I'm sick of getting up and pulling my whole closet and dresser out in an attempt to find something that I don't feel incredibly large and uncomfortable in.  And maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I should, but I just want the "old me" back!  But with the baby, of course :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan