Hadley's 8 & 9 Month Update

Monday, June 24, 2013

I hate that I skipped her monthly updates so this is more for my sake to look back on one day!  Also...these things may have happened during month 8 or month 9.  Ha.


  • Weight at her 9 month appointment was 22.2 lbs, height was 27.5 inches.  She still in the 90th percentile for weight but dropped to the 60th percentile for height
  • During month 8 we were doing more pureed food than actual solids.  I had attempted Baby Led Weaning and though I am coming back to it somewhat now, I went through a phase where I just didn't feel like she could eat anything and everything.  I fed her pureed sweet potatoes, peas, kale, spinach, carrots, mixtures of quinoa and black beans, etc.  
  • During month 9 we started moving more towards solid foods and she began eating more tiny, bite-sized pieces of veggies, beans, fruits and fish/chicken.  Both of these months she was still receiving anywhere from 24-32oz of formula a day.
  • Her mobility greatly increased during these months!  She began pulling up on furniture and cruising everywhere. 
  • Still no discernible words!
  • Sleep has been an up-and-down battle.  During 8 months and most of 9 months she was still taking 3 naps a day, but towards the end of 9 months dropped one and settled at two per day.  Bedtime ranged anywhere from 7:30-8:30, with a routine of a bath, bottle and snuggles.  It is a rare, rare occurrence that she sleeps all night. She typically wakes up around once or twice per night.  
  • I quit my job right after she turned 9 months old and our days have been so fun!  We spent the mornings playing followed by nap time, then we would usually eat breakfast and go for a walk.  We would come home for an afternoon nap and followed by lunch and maybe another walk with a friend or playing outside.  3-4pm is always the time that we're both wishing Daddy were coming home sooner than 6pm :)
This is a pretty piddly list but I needed to remember a few things!  I will definitely have her 10 month update...hopefully while she's 10 months old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan