There Goes My Life

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

If you thought this post was going to be a sappy one about Hadley or something because the title is the same as the Kenny Chesney song...well, you are wrong.  This post is literally about my "life" disappearing.  I can thank these two little babies right here:


We brought home our sweet puppy this past Saturday, his name is Cash!


He's a 7 week old Boston Terrier.  We love him, but I think Brad probably loves him the most right now.  Maybe that has to do with him not on the constant potty breaks and cleanup duty (due to not being home all day), and the fact that he could sleep through a 747 flying through our bedroom, so he doesn't hear the incessant nighttime whining and crying.  I am happy to have him...I'm just looking forward to getting out of the potty training stage!

But seriously, having a 10 month old (oh hi, my almost 1 year old child....sniff sniff) baby and a 7 week old puppy feels like having two small children, and so I've decided that we're only having one child.  Ha :)

We had a great Father's Day!  We spent the day out on a lake nearby us and it was the most perfect, perfect day.  The weather was gorgeous and we were outside all.day.long.  I will save you all the mushy stuff about how great of a Dad Brad is, how thankful I am for him, etc etc, and will just say that, being a girl that grew up without the presence of a father in my life, I am beyond grateful for Hadley to have a Daddy that loves her so incredibly much.



This was also from the lake - seriously, how is she 10 months old?  I'm sad that I've neglected her monthly updates :(  One of my most treasured journals is my pregnancy blog, so I'm kicking myself already for not recording more of her milestones and personality.


Here's one of the ways we've been spending our days: at the park, on the swing.  Hadley loves, loves to swing and cries when I take her out!  We've found a great routine where, in between her morning and afternoon nap we walk to the coffee shop and then the park.  It's a nice way to pass the morning and spend  some time outside.


Tonight we're having a classic summer meal, burgers and sweet corn!  I made a Wedge Salad for lunch (iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, hard boiled egg, bacon and blue cheese) and I was about to die over how excited I was for it.  I think that's one of my favorite things about not working anymore, I can be a little more creative with my lunches!

In other news, I'm bidding on cloth diapers on eBay.  Um....someone go find my brain, not sure what I'm thinking for taking on that adventure!  I'll let you know if I win ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan