the haircut

Thursday, March 17, 2011

So....I took the advice of the snarky stylist who told me I needed to cut my hair and did just that. I shouldn't say she was so snarky, though, cause when I sat down in the chair for the cut my stylist, David, asked what I wanted to do with it. I started, "Well, I think I'm going to cut some -" and at this point he started clapping. See, my hair was very long, yes. And not really that healthy on the ends. But the poor man had to comb my hair for at least 10 minutes every time he would do anything to it. That's how snarly and un-healthy it was at the ends.

For reference sake, here's a picture of (un-styled, humidity-laden-from-Charleston) my hair this past May. So, almost a year ago:

See? Long, slightly stringy. In my defense, it is a lot cuter when it's styled. Which I probably tried to style it that day, but it fell the second my foot hit the pavement.

And after my hair cut...(please note, this picture is at 7:30am, no makeup, no hairstyle and the lighting is awful):

Yes, I'm happy it's healthier, and I'll be the first to admit, it looks a lot better. However....I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this length. For me, I either want a short, cute, styled haircut, or long, long hair. While this is probably really long for some people, this is that awkward, medium-length hair that is not long enough to style (curl) well, but too long to be cute straight. It's just kind of blah to me.

But it's healthy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your concerns. Cutting your hair won’t make it hair grow any faster or make it healthier. It will be simply a relief to have it grow back in :) The best thing you can do is a healthy diet with plenty of protein and washing your hair with a gentle shampoo and conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing. barber

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan