thrifty finds

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Every now and then I like to swing into the Salvation Army (we don't have a Goodwill in town) and check out what they've got. You definitely have to go in with an open mind because it's not your typical "cute" thrift store where you walk in and don't know where to look first. It's kind of a gross shop with lots and lots of junk. But there's usually some good finds in there.

Remember the octagon table I was telling you about? Here was my inspiration (the white table in the center)...

and here's the table I found at the thrift shop:


So, not completely identical, but it's the same shape. I'll take it! I started painting it white and it's already looking so much better. I'll tell ya what, though...those little legs take F-O-R-E-V-E-R to paint!

And here's my other finds:



Nothing amazingly remarkable, but some cute little finds! I loved the little green creamer (been searching for one for a long time), and those green glass....things (I think they're railroad or nautical lights?) are just good for random display pieces. The little stacked cups are a pretty pink-gold color, and I've been reading over at Fly Though Our Window about making your own candles. I figured these would be a great candle jar. And then I had to buy the turquoise jar!

I've got big plans for re-decorating parts of my house - mainly my living room - with a new area rug, maybe curtains, and some new pillows...but for now I'm way more focused on my trip to Tampa next week! Yay beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan